Sunday, January 16, 2011

29 Years

Today is our wedding anniversary.  Twenty-nine years ago today my lady and I got married -- though we had in truth long before made our commitment to each other.  I am so glad I found her.  She has been a comfort and joy to me all these years, a true partner, and I do not know how I would keep going without her. 

It's been a long time, yet the years seem to have gone by so quickly.  We have been through so many bad times together, so many horrible things have happened, yet my memories are of the good times we had together, of the joys of sharing your life with someone you love.

And that is why I am so resolutely in favour of the right to gay marriage.  Everybody should have the right to share their lives with someone they love, whether they're straight, gay, or just happy. 

Here's to you, my love.  No one can know just how much I love you, and how much you mean to me.

No comments: