Because Blogger's "Adult warning" often goes into a perpetual loop (isn't working properly), I will be making all new posts at my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account. There're also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog, my Facebook and my Google+ page and my group.
(Update: Blogger hasn't fixed its problem with the "adult warning". Will go back to posting at my WordPress blog)

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My first royalty cheque

I'd heard nothing about the royalties for the anthology Night Moves 2 and I assumed it had sunk without trace. So I emailed the editor of Aspen Mountain Press and found that I had $50! Woohoo! I am a published author. I have actually earned something from my writings.

I was totally chuffed by this news. I'd more or less assumed my writings were rubbish and no one wanted to read them. OK, I know, I'm only one of the four authors in Night Moves, but still. So now I have decided to submit my third novel, I Get No Kick From Champagne, to a publisher. It was the first novel I wrote where I felt confident about my writing, where it moved easily and where I felt confident that I knew what I was doing, that I could handle character and setting and description and plot. I thought of Torquere. We'll see -- this time next year I could have doubled my royalty income. At this rate by the time I'm 80, I'll be rich!

Nigel

No comments: