Thursday, January 8, 2009

My first royalty cheque

I'd heard nothing about the royalties for the anthology Night Moves 2 and I assumed it had sunk without trace. So I emailed the editor of Aspen Mountain Press and found that I had $50! Woohoo! I am a published author. I have actually earned something from my writings.

I was totally chuffed by this news. I'd more or less assumed my writings were rubbish and no one wanted to read them. OK, I know, I'm only one of the four authors in Night Moves, but still. So now I have decided to submit my third novel, I Get No Kick From Champagne, to a publisher. It was the first novel I wrote where I felt confident about my writing, where it moved easily and where I felt confident that I knew what I was doing, that I could handle character and setting and description and plot. I thought of Torquere. We'll see -- this time next year I could have doubled my royalty income. At this rate by the time I'm 80, I'll be rich!

Nigel

No comments: