Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Straight Intimacy.


I read this post from a blog I visit, and laughed out loud. It reminded me of my first post to this, my own blog, which is about roughly the same thing.

Straight men. Lord oh lord.

And yet... some of my closest friends are straight. In fact some of my most intimate moments -- and we're not using 'intimate' as a euphemism for 'sex' -- have been with straight men. When they reach past their conditioning, miracles happen.

Straight men are as constrained and disadvantaged by the whole male culture bullshit as we are.

The second photo is from this photographer, who is I think gay. Amazing, no? Trust, love, intimacy. So far from the pics of butt-sex in all those picture groups, which just reduce m2m relationships to fucking.

Intimacy. Love. Compassion. Trust. It's what we want from and offer to the people we love. Even if they're straight.

No comments: