Thursday, February 10, 2011

Majorca Flats -- 62

After they'd had their coffees, Esmé shooed out the old man and Keith and he helped her clean up and lock up. Jason waved to Esmé and turned to walk back towards Majorca Flats. He was only a little surprised when Keith fell into step next to him.
So,” said Keith.
Quite,” replied Jason, going for crisp English upper class again. He really didn't want a conversation.
So was he sexy?”
Jason stopped and looked at Keith, stark and oddly coloured in the orange of the street lamps.
Yeah. Incredibly hot.” He looked directly into Keith's eyes. “I'm going to be seeing him again.”
So some stranger is good enough for you but I'm not?” Keith was hurt and angry.
Some impulse made Jason pull Keith into a hug. “It's not what you think. It's a little complicated. It's not you. It's … it's just that something happened to me, and … Keith, I can't …”
Yeah, I get the picture!” muttered Keith with cynical bitterness.


No comments: