Sunday, February 20, 2011

Some Christians Get It

A Christian group says sorry at the Chicago Gay Pride Parade.

"I spent the day at Chicago’s Pride Parade. Some friends and I, with The Marin Foundation, wore shirts with 'I’m Sorry' written on it. We had signs that said, 'I’m sorry that Christians judge you,' 'I’m sorry the way churches have treated you,' 'I used to be a bible-banging homophobe, sorry.' We wanted to be an alternative Christian voice from the protestors that were there speaking hate into megaphones."
[Report from Towleroad]


A small minority, alas.

My 83 year-old mother-in-law is incensed at the behaviour of the Christian-Fascists:  it's unkind, she says angrily, and cruel -- and so it is.  Whatever happened to love thy neighbour?  But ... the rabid ratso right is still at it.  Kristen Hansen looks like Sarah Palin, all smiles and severe glasses.  It's amazing, isn't it,  that these people can still smile so winsomely while saying such thoughtless, horrible, cruel, unChristian things.

O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!
My tables,--meet it is I set it down,
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain;
At least I'm sure it may be so in Denmark:

No comments: