Sunday, February 20, 2011

Warm beach evening

This image makes me think of happy evenings spent at the beach, long ago.  Friends, conversation, laughter, companionship, and threaded through it all (for we were young) the tantalising hint of sexual attraction and desire. 

The model is Benjamin Godfre.  He has a lovely body, but that's not the only reason why I selected this image.  I love the look on his face and I love the fact that he's nude under his boardies. 

Sometimes I feel such regret for the loss of that time of innocence, where there were (for us) no mortgages, no careers (just jobs), no binding commitments to others.  We were friends together, and sometimes lovers, and we took care not to hurt each other.  We believed we were free. Of course, we weren't.   

Time to settle down.  Perhaps the saddest words an older person can say to someone young.  Yet true words, all the same.  I wouldn't change the one I love for anything.  But it would be wonderful to sometimes set aside my responsibilities and be as free as I was then.

The land of lost content.

No comments: