The True Abomination: Disrespecting Human DivinityThough there are many debates and passionate feelings (pun intended) about human sexuality, there are a few things about which we can be sure:
- There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that there exists an all-powerful, human-like Creator with humanoid concerns, not to mention one who has an obsessional preoccupation about what His creation does with its genitalia.
- Despite the fact that just about any human action can, under certain circumstances, result in harm, there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that the sexual freedom of adults to engage in any form of reasonably safe (i.e., with care to prevent disease, unwanted pregnancy, and/or other harm) consensual sex has any particular, direct, destructive impact, even on those who may be "offended" by certain sexual proclivities.
- Regardless of sexual orientation, all sentient human beings are sacred, divine beings. [How absurd that this even needs to be stated!]
- All sacred human beings come into the world with equal unalienable Rights. That among these Rights are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
- The freedom of ALL humans to pursue happiness is a basic human right that must never be obstructed (unless, of course, it can be shown that specific actions deprive others of their Liberty or ability to pursue happiness or seriously weaken the community's ability to protect our rights).