Saturday, July 30, 2011

Majorca Flats

I've written over 35,000 words of my soap opera, Majorca Flats.  That's between one third and a quarter of a novel.  I'm astonished.   I started it as an exercise to get me writing again and it's certainly succeeded.  Right now I'm working on issue 8 of Wilde Oats, but I'll be able to start posting episodes again in a couple of days.

Meanwhile, some hints of what's to come in the next 35,000 words:

  • A revelation about Jason. The truth at last!
  • Cody's back at his old tricks (tricks being the operative word)
  • Somebody really evil comes into the story.
  • Jason gets into trouble with the immigration authorities. Will he be deported?
  • Eleanor Cumberledge needs help.

I don't know from day to day where each episode is going.  The characters tell me in no unceratin terms what's going to happen.  I'm a mere scribe.  That's what I enjoy about it.

No comments: