Because Blogger's "Adult warning" often goes into a perpetual loop (isn't working properly), I will be making all new posts at my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account. There're also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog, my Facebook and my Google+ page and my group.
(Update: Blogger hasn't fixed its problem with the "adult warning". Will go back to posting at my WordPress blog)

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Space shuttle


This pic of an imaginary space shuttle, with engines for the atmosphere and a rocket for low space entry.

Not so unlikely.  Virgin Galactic will shortly start flying wealthy torurists into space.  Admittedly not for more than a few minutes at a time.  But space.  Really and truly. And remember, before the first World War, a transatlantic ship passage cost more than the average annual income of people in the richest country in the world, Great Britain.  The $200,000 cost of a trip on the Virgin Atlantic One is a few times larger than average GDP of the rich countries.  But like chips and solar power, its cost will fall fast.  I won't travel in space (and from a boy I hoped I would) but my kids will.

I must get back to writing my SF novel, Gift of Dragons.

Sigh.

No comments: