Because Blogger's "Adult warning" often goes into a perpetual loop (isn't working properly), I will be making all new posts at my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account. There're also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog, my Facebook and my Google+ page and my group.
(Update: Blogger hasn't fixed its problem with the "adult warning". Will go back to posting at my WordPress blog)

Friday, July 5, 2013

Well and truly winter

An icy SW wind, snow in the Alps, time to put on the sweaters, leather jacket and longjohns.

The air temperature drops 1 C for every 100 metres rise in altitude.  Falls Creek village is at 1600 metres (multiply by 3 and add 10% to the result to get the altitude in feet), so it'll be roughly 16 C colder than Melbourne, which is currently 13C.

Pic shows snow falling last night in Falls Creek, NE Victoria; and brumbies (wild horses) near Falls Creek.



No comments: