Monday, May 2, 2011

Majorca Flats -- 108


Amantha?”
Yes.”
It was Pete's idea. We'd started writing it before he got sick, and he insisted I continue while it … while it was all happening. And then … after …. it was a distraction. It took my mind off losing Pete. I worked like a demon, all day, all hours, and before I knew it, I'd written the first three novels starring Lord Jedediah de Balencourt. Het romance with a bit of explicit hot stuff thrown in. The first was a moderate success, the second went even better, and now they are all best sellers.”
He paused for a moment and sipped his wine. “Help yourself, by the way. I can rattle on for hours, and you'd starve to death meanwhile.”
I've never met a successful author before,” said Jason helping himself to some pasta and some of the salad.
Jason snorted. “Author? I suppose, technically. But really it's a job, like any other. I know what sells, I churn out one Lord Balencourt novel a year, and I have lots of free time once I've finished the latest.”

[Image from Wikipedia article on regency romances]


First Majorca Flats post      Previous MF post (#107)       Next MF post(#109)



Majorca Flats Episodes 1 to 10           Majorca Flats Episodes 61 to 70
Majorca Flats Episodes 11 to 20         Majorca Flats Episodes 71 to 80
Majorca Flats Episodes 21 to 30         Majorca Flats Episodes 81 to 90
Majorca Flats Episodes 31 to 40         Majorca Flats Episodes 91 to 100
Majorca Flats Episodes 41 to 50        
Majorca Flats Episodes 51 to 60   

No comments: