Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Majorca Flats -- 125



After he'd left, I realised I was wrong. And I was too fucking proud to go back to him and say I'd changed my mind. All I could think was that my parents and friends had been right. He was a chav, he didn't know about money, he was a thief and a liar and a hypocrite. Shit! I, with all that money, I sat in judgement on him, when it was my friends and my family which had helped drive him to what he did.” Jason put his head in his hands and again there was a long silence.
What happened?” asked Keith at last.
He killed himself the day after, after the police came to charge him. “
Jason finished what was left in his glass and put it back on the table, gently, in complete contrast to the harsh bitterness and self-disgust in his speech. “I found him in his flat, shot, blood and brains sprayed over the wall. He left a note for me. He didn’t blame me, that's the worst. He blamed only himself. He said … he said that he loved me. That I should ...” Jason faltered, “Oh God! … that I should find someone else. That … that ...” But Jason was quite unable to continue he was sobbing so hard.


No comments: