Friday, June 17, 2011

The Good Archbishop, he says ....



The Jesus I worship is not likely to collaborate with those who vilify and persecute an already oppressed minority [...]. I could not myself keep quiet whilst people were being penalized for something about which they could do nothing, their sexuality. For it is so improbable that any sane, normal person would deliberately choose a lifestyle exposing him or her to so much vilification, opprobrium and physical abuse, even death. To discriminate against our sisters and brothers who are lesbian or gay on grounds of their sexual orientation for me is as totally unacceptable and unjust as Apartheid ever was.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

[With thanks to my mate Horatio Nimier who reminded me of Archbishop Tutu's  comment.  You can read Horatio's stories here, here and here]

No comments: