Saturday, October 22, 2011

Majorca Flats 228


Keith's car -- a Holden Commodore VY


Eleanor, my grandmother will get here on Tuesday. I'll go and pick her up at the airport and bring her here. I hope she won't be any trouble.”
Would you like to borrow my car? Do you drive?”
I do, and thank you. But Keith offered his car. It's lucky she's arriving on Tuesday, because we have Monday night off.”
Are you sure you wouldn't like me to pick her up?”
Oh, no, thank you so much. The flight gets in at the crack of dawn. 5.30 or something like that. And we'd have to get up at 4.30 to get there in time. It's a beastly hour of the day to have to get up and drive to the airport.”
Well, if you think so.” Eleanor reflected that Jason and his friends were young, and she wasn't.
I'll stay over at Keith's flat so I won't wake you.”
Your friends are welcome here, you know that, Jason?”
Yes. And thank you so much for making me feel so welcome here.” All at once he felt tearful. “Sorry!” he sniffed.
Mrs Cumberledge patted him on his arm. “I'm so glad you turned up on my doorstep!”
Jason ducked his head, embarrassed and moved.



First Majorca Flats post       Previous MF post (#227)       Next MF post(#229)


Episodes 1 to 220 (without pictures, 10 episodes per chapter)


No comments: