Because Blogger's "Adult warning" often goes into a perpetual loop (isn't working properly), I will be making all new posts at my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account. There're also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog, my Facebook and my Google+ page and my group.
(Update: Blogger hasn't fixed its problem with the "adult warning". Will go back to posting at my WordPress blog)

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gay Marriage



Former PM's sister, Loree Rudd, has left the Labor Party in disgust because the Labor Party Conference endorsed support for gay marriage.  Ms Rudd said:


"I don't believe gay marriage is good for the community," she said."Homosexuals should be loved and treated right and they should not be discriminated against.  It is a horrible thing for them to be discriminated against and that's why my brother* introduced laws so they are not discriminated against.  But to make that huge leap from their rights to breaking a commandment of Moses, to say homosexuals' relationships is marriage, is utter nonsense."

I liked this comment:

I wonder which definition of marriage Ms Rudd likes best from the Bible? Gen 20:12 Abraham marrying his Sister? Gen 16:3 Sara then bringing her Maid Hagar into the relationship? Deut 22:28 A rape victim must marry her rapist and get 50 shekels, Judges 21:7-23 Marry the enslaved virgin girls of the village you slaughtered? Chronicles 3:1-9 David had 8 wives and his son was told by God to cohabit with his fathers mistresses Sam 16:21, or maybe Kings 11:3 where King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 mistresses.....

It's a wonderful world.  


*Kevin Rudd, former PM.  Isn't she a cutie?  And let's not get started on "commandments of Moses".

No comments: