Friday, January 6, 2012

Majorca Flats -- 277


 “Cody, this is my dad, Charles. Dad, Cody.” Michael's dad was a handsome man in his late fifties, with a mane of blond hair and an air of authority and power.
How d'ye do?” he said, reaching out his right hand.
Pleased to meet you, Mr. ...” answered Cody, shaking hands.
Mason. But please call me Charles. As I said to Michael on the way down, I don't think there will be any problem with this first interview with the police. Later on there may well be. The police have a serious problem with homophobia and racism in their ranks. It's not as bad as it was. But it's still there. So I'll call the office at 8.30 and get somebody allocated to your case. He or she will sit in on all your interviews. I'd do it myself, but my speciality these days is commercial law, and anyway, I'm in court most of this week.”
Thank you.” Cody knew what he had to say but he was too shocked and depressed to put any enthusiasm into his conversation.
Dad, this is Luigi. Luigi, my dad, Charles Mason.”
G'day, Mr Mason.”
Charles Mason shook Luigi's hand. His gaze was sharp. Luigi felt he would be a formidable questioner in court. But there was also goodwill and kindness in his face, and Luigi was able to thank him for his help with a sincerity and gratitude that Cody hadn't been able to.


Episodes 1 to 220 (without pictures, 10 episodes per chapter)


No comments: