Monday, January 16, 2012

Majorca Flats -- 281


 “I was at a bar on Brunswick street. It's not a gay bar.” He said this without expression, his voice dead, his eyes down. “The Labour in Vain. I was having a beer when this man sat down next to me. He started to chat me up. He seemed very nice. He was good looking. I went on chatting. I was … lonely.” Here he turned his head and looked at Luigi. His eyes were filled with profound pain.
Luigi's own face was drawn. “Go on, love. Keep going. We can do this.”
Colin looked at him but didn't intervene. Once again Luigi felt the oddness of the interview. But he reminded himself that Cody wasn't a suspect. He was the victim. And this was just a preliminary interview. He was certain the detectives when they interviewed Cody would be much more hostile.
He offered to buy me a beer. I accepted … but then … I felt dizzy. He said, 'Better get you home, you've had enough,' or something like that. He seemed so nice, so caring. And I wasn't thinking, it was like I was drugged. He took me out to a combi van. And when I woke up I was in a room without windows. Maybe at the back of a garage, something like that. It was completely dark. There was a window but it was boarded up on the inside.” He stopped. “Could I have some water, please?”





Episodes 1 to 220 (without pictures, 10 episodes per chapter)

No comments: