Monday, February 2, 2009

Wilde Oats -- Our New Gay-Shaded Magazine

OK, I've spent a bit of time getting Wilde Oats Magazine up -- or at least, a tester for the curious. This is a replacement for Forbidden Fruit, whose founder was unhappy about the direction we (the new editors) were taking the magazine in, but is just too busy to do it herself. A sad day. Ah well.

And we've had the rellies over from Noz, spending lots of time having agonized discussion about what to do about our parents(or ***-in-law). And it's been unbearably hot and dry, the hottest and driest in 150 years.

So, needless to say, I haven't done much writing. What I have done, in the writing line, is reread and tinker with Footy. I suppose I shouldn't say this, but, you know, it's good. I liked reading it. I liked the characters and they way they interact, I liked the story, simple though it is. And I'm kinda inspired. So I'm working on that as well as The Torc.

For a long time I questioned my ability to write. Why am I turning out this crap? Who will ever read it? But it's not bad. I've wasted good money on much worse.

Anyway.

P.S. The pic is of Brett Stewart who is actually a rugby player not a footy player. Meh.

No comments: