Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Majorca Flats -- 276


 “Hello” The tone was tentative. An early-morning phone call was seldom good news.
Phillippa, it's me.” Cody's voice trembled.
Oh God! What happened? Where've you been? I've been out of my mind with worry. I went to the police!”
I was,” Cody stopped and swallowed, “taken by the Mount Macedon murderer. He held me captive. I escaped this morning.”
How? But what happened, Co? Where did he hold you? Why? How did you escape?”
Phil, slow down. I was ...” and then he started to cry. He was unable to continue.
Luigi took the phone from him. “Hey, I'm Luigi. Remember, we met a while ago.”
Yes, I remember. We were taking Tyler for a walk.”
Yes. I'm Cody's friend. I'm bringing him home as soon as we've spoken to the police. He's in a terrible state.”
Where are you?” asked Phillippa.
In Mt Macedon. We're just going to the police now. And a doctor, too.”
What happened! Did he hurt Cody?”
Yes. Cody will explain as soon as he gets home.” As he said this, Michael came in through the cottage's back door, with an older man, clearly his father. “We have to go now. Phillippa, don't call Cody's mobile. The killer's got it. Call this number.”
Phillippa was too upset to think clearly. “What is the number?” she asked, not thinking that it would show up in her mobile's call log.
Patiently, Luigi gave it to her. Only then did she start to weep.
After he closed his phone, he sat for a minute grieving for the impending collapse in Cody's marriage, and for all the unhappiness and sorrow which was being unleashed.




Episodes 1 to 220 (without pictures, 10 episodes per chapter)

No comments: